Effective Date of Policy: November 28th, 2015
Information Collected & How We Use It
- Shopping: We may ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the JEMMA email distribution list, we may use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services, surveys and promotions.
- My Account: You have the opportunity to create a member’s account with JEMMA, which allows you to shop and be part of our members club. Using a user name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize JEMMA to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your “My Account” your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are also authorizing JEMMA to store such information accordingly.
- Email List: You may also sign up on the website to receive marketing emails from JEMMA. To sign up we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age, birthday and preferences. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time.
- Email to Friends: You may be able to share certain content from the website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address and telephone number, as well as for your friends’ contact details, in order for JEMMA to fulfill your request on your behalf and under your sole responsibility as regards to their consent to receive a message from you via this service.
- Business Partners: We may provide your information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including: order fulfillment, payment processing, website-related services, distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf. Our agents do not have any right to use your information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
Information We Collect Automatically
Like most websites, JEMMA may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow us to track the actions of our users. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect information about your browser, your IP address, operating system, date and information, and other technical information about your device. This information may be used to personalize your online experience, improve our website and for other internal business purposes.
JEMMA takes the appropriate physical, electronic and procedural steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect.
All credit card transactions should take place in a protected area of our website, which is designed to reduce the risk of any loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you should move into the protected area of our website. You should remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personally identifiable information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Us and Others
With Your Consent
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.